How to apply
We’re meticulous when it comes to recruiting new people to join our team, and with good reason.
Simply browse our current vacancies, and click Apply.
If you don’t see anything that fits you and your skills, then please get in contact.
Utilities Health and Safety Advisor
Utilities Health and Safety Advisor
TriConnex is a fast-growing independent multi-utility connections provider to Blue-chip Residential developers. Working within a growing, dynamic and forward thinking team, we have an opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional to support and assist the HSQE team for all compliance and Health and Safety requirement across new utilities infrastructure and electrical vehicle charging projects. This role is instrumental in providing support and assistance for all health and safety requirements, ensuring best practice, correct procedures and processes are being maintained and full compliance across the business. We want everyone who joins our business to have a bright future in their chosen career path, and if you have a passion for building relationships, managing expectations and love numbers and processes then this could be your perfect opportunity!
Visiting sites across the South East and in the South West you will assess, audit and monitor all activities of our Gas, Electric, Water and Civil teams, including Sub-Contractors, to ensure compliance, best practice, systems and procedures are being adhered to for both off site and on site works.
- Assess the effectiveness of generic and site-specific risk assessments and appropriate method statements;
- Undertake root-cause analysis of any incidents or accidents and suggest actions to aid continuous improvement;
- To assess and report on HSE performance through audit of systems and office and field operations;
- Work with all members of the company to educate and uphold the highest standards of HSE within the Company's service delivery culture;
- Support company commercial proposals where un-common operations are planned, to ensure safety standards are implemented and maintained;
- Work with team members to implement agreed changes to process, procedure and methods;
- Work closely with clients' and suppliers' HSE representatives and staff, demonstrating both commitment to high-standards of HSE and customer service, in terms of communication, co-ordination and service delivery.
- Detailed knowledge and experience within the Health & Safety sector, ideally within the Utilities infrastructure sector.
- Experience within at least one of the main utilities - Electric, Gas or Water.
- Understanding of civils off site compliance and safety.
- Knowledge of NERS, GIRS, WIRS, Electricity and Gas Distribution safety rules is desirable.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of HSE legislation and related regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build compelling relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate a proactive and confident approach with proven ability to challenge practise in a constructive manner.
- A flexible and adaptable approach is required as we work within a fast paced, highly regulated industry.
- Must hold valid and relevant site entrance qualification i.e CSCS/EUSR card.
- Valid, clean driving license as this position is covering projects across the South East.
This is an opportunity to be part of our company who value their people and offers training and a focus on ongoing personal development. We offer a competitive salary and package including a company car, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers and much more! If you feel you have the skills, please apply. Closing date 26th August 2018.
Nexus Infrastructure PLC is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity and promote equality across all of our businesses. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.