How to apply
We’re meticulous when it comes to recruiting new people to join our team, and with good reason.
Simply browse our current vacancies, and click Apply.
If you don’t see anything that fits you and your skills, then please get in contact.
Behind every great business, is a great team, and our people and our relationships with our clients are the essence of how we deliver first class, cost effective construction services for Groundworks, Infrastructure and Reinforced Concrete Frame projects across the South East and London. Tamdown have been established for over 40 years and with ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking to enhance our team with an experienced Estimator who will play an integral part to the success of our journey.
Although you will be working in a large team of Estimators, with opportunity to develop and grow your career, this position includes flexibility on hours of work including part-time hours. Along with a excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, car allowance, pension scheme, life assurance scheme, flu vaccinations, half a day on your birthday, free food friday and much more!
• Preparation and submissions of proposals within agreed timeframes
• Evaluation and analysis of tender enquiry documentation including resource & materials assessment, engineering requirements and costs
• Liaise with Consultants, Contract Managers, Clients and Subcontractors ensuring specifications, volumes, issues and risks are identified and agreed
• Detailed site visits to determine and mitigate risk to the business for tender submission.
• Generate and submit documentation for tender approval
• Presentation of tender proposals to Clients and management team
• Building and maintaining effective and compelling business relationships, both externally and internally
• Using analytical methods for rate build ups using estimating software
What we're looking for;
• Proven, background within Estimating with desirable experience of Groundworks, Infrastructure and/or RC Frame projects
• Knowledge of Estimating tools and techniques, using analytical methods for rate build ups and using estimating software
• Knowledge of Contract terms and conditions, including Design and Build JCT within groundworks, infrastructure and RC Frame projects.
• A thorough understanding of tender documentation, client's requirements/aspirations and required tender deliverables
• Solid understanding of the impact and significance of an Estimating role with experience in a similar organisation
• Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings, highlighting and challenging any uncertainty
• Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise, negotiate and influence at various levels
• Proactive, hands on approach, with good team working ethic
• Capable of working to tight deadlines, and on own initiative whilst achieving and delivering self-set targets.
• Strong IT skills including MS Suite and Estimating software, ideally QS CAD.
If you feel you hold the skills and experience required and would like more information on what we can offer you in return, then please take a look at our careers site to hear what our people have to say!